Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Review of "Posture Pals" (1952)


Review of Posture Pals (1952)



Ms. Martin's Silhouette Night

Pasture Pals??

Another instructional movie, typical of the 1950s. This one is about posture. The only claim to fame of Posture Pals is that MST3k used it for one of their sketches and it is probably the first film appearance of a pre-Laura Engels, Melissa Gilbert look-a-like. Crazy, right?

The future kings and queens of the grill.

As is typical with instructional films like this, it leaves a lot of room for unintended comedic consequences. The only good thing I can say about PP is the shortness, 10 minutes. It also marks the beginning of the change in educational policy from winner to winners concept and eventually leading to "last winner". I bet Mary, Tommy, Jimmy & Jane (respective Posture Queen, King, Prince & Princess) could burn all existing copies of this. I don't blame the kids. I blame Ms. Martin, the mime. Never trust a mime.

I crown myself, Queen of the Burgers and master of all I survey.

Plot points to remember:

1) Good health = good posture.

2) Good posture keeps you from being tired.

3) Develop the habit of good posture.

4) The way you look can depend upon your posture. Standing tall makes you look cheerful & happy.

See the full feature here:



The set of screen shots here.

No comments:

Post a Comment